28 October, 2023

Knowledge empowers...

I have so much admiration for the parents who hire me to tutor their child/ren. And it's not because they pay me! It's the value they have for education and the understanding that it sets their child up for life of greater choices and opportunities. Tutoring complements and adds value to school experiences and can help boost independence and a positive self concept. Moreover, tutoring goes beyond the school curriculum and crosses into the development of thinking, research and important life skills. Parents who are willing to outlay their hard-earned cash to increase their child's knowledge and feelings of self-efficacy are truly remarkable. I often reflect on how I would have loved to have a tutor when I was at school! (Quote below is attributed to Bruce Lee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment